Using WordPress Plugins
Plugins are ways to extend and add to the functionality that already exists in WordPress.
Plugins allow you to add new features to your WordPress blog that don't come standard with the default installation. There are a rich variety of Available Plugins for WordPress, and with the following Screens, plugin installation and management is a snap.
Adding New Plugins
- to add a WordPress Plugins using the built-in plugin installer:
- Go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Type in the name of the WordPress Plugin or descriptive keyword, author, or tag in Plugins Search box or click a tag link below the screen.
- Find the WordPress Plugin you wish to install.
- Click Details for more information about the Plugin and instructions you may wish to print or save to help setup the Plugin.
- Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin.
- The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.