WordPress Setup Guide
Step 1: Download WordPress
Download the WordPress Package from: https://wordpress.org/download/
Step 2: Create the Database and a User
- If your hosting provider supplies the cPanel hosting control panel, you may follow these simple instructions to create your WordPress username and database.
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Click MySQL Database Wizard icon under the Databases section.
- In Step 1. Create a Database enter the database name and click Next Step.
- In Step 2. Create Database Users enter the database user name and the password. Make sure to use a strong password. Click Create User.
- In Step 3. Add User to Database click the All Privileges checkbox and click Next Step.
- In Step 4. Complete the task note the database name and user. Write down the values of hostname, username, databasename, and the password you chose.
(Note that hostname will usually be localhost.)
Step 3: Upload the files
- Click File Manager icon
- Upload the WordPress package to your root directory
Step 4: Extract Uploaded File.
- Extract your file directory to your desired location within the root directory of your website, and rename the directory to your desired name.
Step 5: Run the Install Script.
If WordPress can't find the wp-config.php file, it will tell you and offer to try to create and edit the file itself.